Professionally monitored alarm systems offer more safety and convenience than Do-It-Yourself (DIY) systems. It’s a significant responsibility to self-monitor a smart home security system quotes system. That is why Alarm Detection Systems provides professionally monitored systems in your area. Alarm Detection Systems is proud to protect thousands of residential customers.
DIY home security systems include tools to check the system a good portion of the time. What happens during the times that you cannot?
This article looks at three scenarios that demonstrate the importance of professional alarm monitoring from ADS.
While You Are Asleep
Suppose you are woken up in the middle of the night by a security event. Your main priority will be getting your family and yourself to safety. With a professionally monitored system, we will contact emergency services on your behalf.
According to the recent FBI Uniform Crime Reporting Statistics, 1,324,090 burglaries are occurring during the night. The cover of night is attractive for intruders.
People are more likely to be home at this time. Specific home security systems monitor for other nighttime hazards, such as fire. Consider The following:
- Nearly 4,000 people die in home fires every year.
- In just 3.5 minutes, heat from a home fire may reach over 1100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Having a working smoke detector more than doubles one’s chances of surviving a fire.
When You Are Away
- Break-ins are 6% more likely to occur between 6 am and 6 pm while people work or run errands.
- The average timeframe within which a burglary is committed is between 90 seconds and 12 minutes.
- 51% of home burglaries are repeated within six weeks.
- Police solve only 13% of reported burglary cases due to lack of a witness or physical evidence.
While You Are Traveling
If you’re going somewhere with bad data service, self-monitored security devices won’t help. With a monitored home security system, ADS calls the authorities for you when there’s an issue. The burden of protecting your home no longer rests just on your shoulders.
When You Own Another Property Like a Vacation Home
A professionally monitored security system often detects issues before becoming more significant problems.
Security apps, doorbell cameras, and other home automation devices have made our lives safer and efficient. But the one thing that will never change is that we can’t be in all places at all times. That is where the investment in professional monitoring pays off.